AMAZING OPPORTUNITY HAPPENING IN FLORIDA THIS NOVEMBER!
Date: Friday, November 10 and Saturday, November 11
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - 700 S. Victory Way Orlando, FL
Special Olympics Florida is excited to be hosting the State Fall Classic on November 10th & 11th at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex!
Volunteers can register for the below opportunities:
- Set-up Assistant: Help get the event ready the day prior to competition. Help unload vehicles, organize and distribute items throughout the complex, place out signage, etc. **Should have ability to lift 25lbs**
- Lunch Assistant: Assist with distributing lunch to athletes and volunteers.
- Registration Assistant: Assist with checking in and organizing volunteers prior to competition.
- Sports Volunteers: Cornhole, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Pickleball, Powerlifting, Softball & Softball Skills: Help with multiple aspects of competition including checking in athletes, escorting them to/from the fields of play, scorekeeping, managing equipment, etc. Some volunteers in this role will also assist with preparing and presenting awards to athletes.
- Healthy Athletes: Check-in Athletes, play games and distribute prizes as athlete's complete their multiple health screenings at Healthy Athletes.
Contact Special Olympics Florida at Volunteer@SOFL.org to register for the following opportunities:
- Powerlifting Spotters & Loaders: Assist with lifting weights on and off of the bars for athletes during competition and warm-up. Serve as safety spotters for athletes when lifting. *Must have the ability to repeatedly lift at least 25lbs.*
- Softball Scorekeepers: Using a traditional written scorebook, assist with keeping score of each softball game. *Prior knowledge of how to accurately complete a softball/baseball scorebook is required*
All volunteers will receive a volunteer T-shirt as well as lunch during their shift. Validation of community service hours is also available upon request.
Questions? Contact Volunteer@SOFL.org!
700 Victory Way, Orlando, Florida 32830, United States