Empowering our communities to alleviate hunger by providing food, education, and resources.
Tarrant Area Food Bank - Groups and individuals are invited to volunteer at Tarrant Area Food Bank - West's Mission Market (Parker County), where individuals and families in need are able to "shop" for groceries free of charge. Mission Market volunteers make a BIG impact by ensuring our neighbors facing food insecurity are able to put meals on the table for their family.
Volunteer roles can include, but are not limited to:
- Stocking the shelves with shelf-stable items, fresh produce and dairy items and packaged protein
- Completing registration paperwork
- Helping visitors while they shop
- Assisting with loading groceries into their vehicles
- Unless other arrangements are made, volunteers should be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Please wear closed toed shoes.
Minimum Age and Chaperones: Individuals young and old may volunteer in the Mission Market. Children 13 years old and under require one adult chaperone for every 1 to 3 children volunteering. Kids ages 14-15 years old require one adult chaperone for every 1 to 10 youth. Because Tarrant Area Food Bank is concerned about the safety of all volunteers, there are no exceptions to this policy.
112 Winners Circle in Weatherford, right next to the entrance of Canyon West Golf Course.
112 Winners Circle, Weatherford, Texas 76087, United States